Office chairs are not just a place to sit, they are also one of the most common pieces of office furniture. Office chairs come in many types, from inexpensive plastic chairs to elaborate leather armchairs and everything in between. If you’re looking to buy a new chair for your office but you don’t know which type of chair is right for you, reading this article will tell you all the different types and what they are best suited for!
What are the different types of office chairs?
The office chair is a basic necessity for nearly any office setting. There are a wide variety of office chairs on the market today, but which one is best for your specific needs? Here are the different types of office chairs so you can choose the right one for you and your workday. When you are looking for office chairs, the first thing to consider is what type of chair you need.
There are three main types of chairs:
- The teacher’s chair, which offers a greater range of motion
- Task chairs, which offer a more supportive back and better lumbar support
- Zero gravity chairs which have a natural suspension system that mimics the feeling of floating in space.
- There are some types of chairs you might see in a typical office. Some examples include armchairs, recliners, and even bucket seats.
- Chairs with arms are great for when you need to rest your arms while typing or while having a chat.
- Bucket seats are the most versatile type of chair because they accommodate a broad range of people.
Why Your Office Chair Matters
You spend a lot of time sitting and your office chair is one of the most important items in your office. The importance of office chairs doesn’t stop at just comfort and support, it also impacts your health
- Poor posture can lead to back pain and other problems.
- A good chair will provide proper support and will also encourage correct ergonomics by limiting wrist, neck and shoulder strain.
- You may not realize it, but the quality of your work is heavily reliant on the quality of your office chair.
- Your body should be relaxed and supported while you are working. If your back, shoulders, or neck are not properly aligned in your office chair, then you could experience a variety of health problems such as headaches, pain, and muscle spasms.
Tips for Choosing the Right Office Chair
There are many things to consider when buying an office chair, but you don’t want to spend hours shopping just to realize you made a mistake.
- There are different styles of office chairs available in the market when choosing an office chair, you need to evaluate how you’ll use it. If you sit at a desk all day, then it may be best to purchase a chair that is more supportive.
- If you spend most of the day on your feet or doing other things like moving furniture, then an ergonomic model would be better for those activities.
- Many office chairs are adjustable to fit users of different sizes, so it’s easy to choose the right one. When looking for an office chair, there are a few factors that should be taken into account:
- Adjustability- An office chair needs to adjust properly for you, which means it must have enough adjustments for your specific height and weight.
- Breathability- Office chairs should be made from fabrics that allow cool air in and hot air out. If a fabric is too heavy or clings to the skin, it can cause health problems such as hyperthermia
- The most important thing is whether the chair will help reduce tension in your back, neck and shoulders while you’re sitting
- The best office chairs also have an adjustable seat that supports your back so you’re not bearing weight on one area of your body.
Comfortable vs. Design-First
If you sit in a regular office chair for 8 hours a day, it’s going to take some wear and tear over the years. If you are more concerned with comfort, then you will want to invest in a new desk chair every few years. A design-first office chair is one that looks great without sacrificing comfort. Everyone has a different opinion on what makes a great office chair. Comfort is the most important factor to consider when purchasing an office chair.
Purchasing an office chair is one of the most important decisions you’ll make for your workspace, as it will affect how comfortable you are, how long your back will last, and how likely you are to get a good night’s sleep. In the end, office chairs are an investment for your company. You need to consider the comfort level, ergonomics, style, and price of each chair when making a purchase. Do get in touch for further information.